HOI AN TRADITIONAL VILLAGES
TRA QUE VEGETABLE, LANTERN MAKING & SILK VILLAGES
- Pick up from your hotel at 08.00 am, transfer to Hoi An.
- Ride a bicycle to a local farm in Tra Que village.
- A short stroll will take you around the vegetable garden and then you can join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seaweed from the local lake. - Following steps are raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other gardening activities. After all these activities, you will take a short rest and enjoy foot bath before getting to preparing lunch with a local family. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including ‘tam huu’ spring roll, Banh xeo or local pancake of people in vietnam middle region. You can join the cooking with the chef on these meals. After your morning excurtions and your lunch, you will take a vietnamese traditional post-prandial nap before learning how to harvest and wrap the vegetables.
- Farewell the famer family, we drive to the home of a craftsman in the city. Here you will get a brief introduction to the history, shape, and color of the lanterns as well as the many stages of making them. Then, you will be shown how to decorate and make your own lanterns. You can also keep it as a souvenir.
- Continue the trip to Hoi An silk village. Visit traditional Quang Nam house and learn about the Vietnamese Ao Dai and costumes from Vietnam's 54 ethnic groups. See the ancient Champa and enjoy the view of a traditional mulberry garden. After that, we tour the silkworm breeding house and learn how to feed and nurture silkworms as well as the cocoon-weaving process. Learn about the traditional process to unravel silkworm cocoons. Then, discover traditional Champa textiles and learn about their weaving techniques, and visit the Vietnamese traditional silk weaving house "Cua Dien textile machine". Finally, spend some time at the silk showroom and tailor shop and learn how to differentiate between true and artificial silk.
- Back to Da Nang city. End of the tour.
Number of pax
· Inclusion: Transportation, bicycle, sightseeing with local English speaking guide, lunch, 02 bottles of mineral water per person, entrance fees
· Exclusion: Insurance fee, dinner and drinks, personal expenses, tips for tour guide and driver.
· Child under 6 years old, sharing meals with parent: Free of charge
· Child from 6 – 11 years old: 50% of charge
· Child from 12 years old and above: 100% of charge